Friday, March 12, 2010

Technical / Visual Analysis - using StockCharts.com

You have probably noticed by now, that I like to include stock charts in my posts. In fact, that is what I use to create the charts, i.e. StockCharts.com. I have been using StockCharts for over a couple of years, and I love it. On that note, if you don't own these books by John Murphy (the founder of StockCharts.com), they are a must have as part of your library:



This is considered the bible on technical analysis. I reference this book all the time. It covers everything from Dow Theory, Patterns, Elliot Wave, Point and Figure Charting, Time Cycles, Candlesticks...













John Murphy emphasizes using technical analysis to study the financial markets. However, there's nothing really "technical" about it. It's really more "visual" analysis. The take away message is, ignore the news and "experts" -> look at the charts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers